Peter Hearn - Founder & trustee
- GP (family doctor), Alma Medical Partnership, Bournemouth, UK
"I have had an interest in world development issues since studying biochemistry at
Oxford and medicine at Sheffield. The trip to Cameroon was my initial foray into medical work
in Africa and I hope the first of many. I feel confident that the model we are setting up
here will lead to sustainable local healthcare development, whether this remains on a small
local scale or grows bigger."
Glynis Hearn - Founder & Trustee
- "My background is in social work and counselling and I currently work with sick children
and their families on the Paediatric Unit at Poole Hospital in Dorset UK, I grew up in Africa
and am pleased to renew that connection especially in a way that works with the aspirations
of the people who live there. Pete and I have 3 'adult' children, all of whom are keen to be
Peter Kammerling - Trustee....
- Consultant & Company Director Peter has many years' experience in business
consultancy, project management, marketing and quality assurance in both public and private
sectors. He feels that Spreading Health is a great ‘bottom-up’ model of development and is
delighted to be supporting it in any way that he can.
Tony Rodger -Retired Businessman & Chartered Engineer
- "I have been an enthusiastic supporter of MSF and Practical Action, a smaller UK based
equivalent, both of which tend to focus on medical support in disaster areas. I
am delighted to be invited to use my business skills to assist SH in developing its strategic
aims and hands-on focus on self help in Cameroon and eventually elsewhere where there is a
SHUMAS staff involved in the Spreading Health Nurse Programme...
Stephen Ndzerem-SHUMAS General Coordinator
- As the SHUMAS General Coordinator, Stephen has overall resonsibility for all the projects
undertaken by SHUMAS.
Billian Nyuykighan - Project Co-ordinator
- Billian is the project Co-ordinator for SHUMAS. She is a senior community development
worker with more than 8 years of experience in rural developmentand holds a higher national
Diploma in Community Development and Mobilization. She had professional training in
- Gisela has a BA in Geography and Environmental Management and an MA in Development which
she gained in Canada. She is responsible for the day to day management of the SH project in
Balgah Roland Azibo - Field supervisor
- Roland is a Senior Social Worker with more than 13 years of experience in development
work and has worked with many health projects in several different organizations and
communities. He holds an Msc in Socio-economics and has participated in many workshops and
training events and in many aspects of development.
The following people kindly give their services voluntarily:
- Website development & management, Royston, UK. Also works with SHUMAS developing
Geoff and Lene Gurney
- Newsletter and communications support, Crowborough, UK
(Click to Email)
- Logo design & graphic designer, 07740 680620, Sheffield, UK
(Click to Email)
- Fundraising & development ideas. Sheffield, UK.
**WITH YOUR HELP WE CAN SPREAD HEALTH**
UK Registered Charity No: 1131624